- Obtain a Permit Application from the Building Code Enforcemnt. (Rm 207)
- Complete Application and obtain Map and Parcel Number from the Tax Department. (Rm 201)
- Obtain Zoning Permit from Planning Department (Rm 204) or from cooresponding Municipality.
- Obtain a Septic Permit from the Environmental Health Department. (Rm 106)
- Return to Bulding Code Enforcement with Permit Application, Zoning Permit and Septic Permit.
For single trade permits:
1. You can call the office at 704.216.8619 (ext. #2) or Complete a Permit Application
2. Fax to 704.638.3130 or Bring to Building Code Enforcement.
No person may commence or proceed with:
- The construction, reconstruction, alteration, repair, movement to another site, removal or demolition of any building;
- The installation, extension, or general repair of any plumbing system;
- The installation, extension, alteration of general repair of any heating or cooling equipment system; or
- The installation, extension, alteration or general repair of any electrical wiring, devices, appliances, or equipment without first securing from the Rowan County Building Code Enforcement Department each permit required by the North Carolina State Building Codes.
All holders of permits, or their agents, shall notify the Bulding Code Enforcement Department at each stage of construction so that approval may be given before work is continued. The Building Code Enforcement Department shall make inspections as soon as practicable after the request is made. Inspections must be requested by 4:00 P.M. to be placed on the list of inspections for the following day. Inspection request made by 4:00 P.M. will normally be inspected within 48 hours.
Call (704).216.8619, for more information.