Manufactured Homes are usually, but not always, permitted in the Rural Agricultural (RA) district on lots created prior to 1999. When permitted, the following requirements must be met:
- 1976 model or newer
- Masonry underpinned
Questions? Please call (704) 216-8588
To setup up a Manufactured home
- Contact the Environmental Health Department for a perk test or reinspection
- Obtain a Zoning Permit
- Obtain a Building Permit: Complete a Mobile Home Application (signatures required)
- Present your Environmental Health information, zoning permit and application with fee to the Building Inspections Department. Single Wides are $150 and Double Wides are $200
- Modular Homes need to be submitted on a Residential Application
- PLEASE NOTE: Building Permits are not issued after 4:00 pm
Family Mobile Home Parks
Family Mobile Home Parks may be permitted through Planning and Development Department. Family Mobile Home Park Application must be completed. Questions? Contact (704) 216-8588.
Mobile Home Parks
Mobile Home Parks may be established through the rezoning process. Please contact the Planning and Development Department (704) 216-8588 for more information.
Temporary Use Permits are good for one (1) year. Permits are supplied through the zoning permit process - Contact Lloyd Pace (704) 216-8598 for more information.