Get your free library card and open a world of information and exploration! Gone are the days of a books-only library. Movies, audio books, computer access, computer classes, homework and research help are all here waiting for you – as well as your favorite books! And as a card-holder you’ll also gain special access to an exciting variety of online databases and services. For you, your child or teen – our singular goal is to create an environment and the tools to nurture, explore and expand!
Getting your new card is easy and quick. Just bring a photo ID with your current address or a photo ID and something that has your current address such as a bill, bank statement, checkbook, etc. Lost yours? No big deal, bring ID and a dollar for a replacement card.Want to avoid late fees? Let the Library Elf manage your family's new cards from one location. Sign up is free for library members.
We also do ask for parental permission for children under 16.
We have 3 library locations, so come see us anytime to get your library card and check out all we have to offer! Or, contact us for more information.
Check Out Time: Most library materials check out for two weeks
Renewals: Materials may be renewed for two more weeks in person, by telephone, or on the web by clicking on My Account. Call library location for details about telephone renewals.
Late Fees: Yes, we do have late fees—most items are 20 cents per day, per item.
Returns: Most materials may be returned at any library location. Outside book returns are available for returns when libraries are closed.
Computers and Internet Access: We have computers with Internet access and software programs for your use. We also have free computer classes on all sorts of topics! We offer easy sign on access with your library card. No library card? No problem!, we can offer a guest pass to get you connected.
Wi-Fi: Free wireless internet access for anyone is available at each library location. Getting online is quick and easy and best of all there are no time limits. All you need is a wireless-enabled device, such as a laptop, tablet PC, eReader or smartphone. Just connect to the rowannc-wifi network. There is no need for a password or login name.
Wireless access is available all hours the respective library location is open.
- As with most public wireless “hot spots,” the library’s wireless connection is not secure. There can be untrusted parties between you and anybody with whom you communicate with, and any information being transmitted could potentially be intercepted by another user. Cautious and informed wireless users should choose not to transmit personal information (credit card numbers, passwords and any other sensitive information) while using any wireless “hot spot.” All wireless access users should have up-to-date virus protection on their laptop computers or wireless devices.
- Any restriction or monitoring of a minor’s access to the library’s wireless network is the responsibility of the parent or guardian. Printing access is not available via the wireless connection. If you need to print, please save your work to a disk or email files to yourself, then login to a wired library workstation and send jobs to the public printer.
- Library staff cannot troubleshoot problems related to your wireless device or assist in making changes to your device’s network settings and/or hardware configuration.
- All users are expected to use the library’s wireless access in a legal and responsible manner, consistent with the educational and informational purposes for which it is provided
Printing: Printing is available from our public access computers, black is .10 per page and color is $1.00 per page.
Public Fax Service
Fax service is offered at all library locations.
Charge for sending a fax
- Local and toll-free: $1 for every ten pages
- Long distance: $1 per page
- We are not able to send international faxes
- Maximum number of pages: 20 (HQ only)
Charge for receiving a fax
East Branch: 704-279-7832
South Rowan Regional: 704-855-2449
Donations to the Library: Rowan Public Library is always happy to accept donations of books and audiovisual materials. Donated materials are either added to the library collection or placed in the Friends of the Library book sale, with the proceeds going to support library programs. Donations may be dropped off any time the library is open. Thanks for your support!
Story Times for Children: We offer story time programs for all ages.
The Library Board of Trustees Board Members
What's going on at the Library