Churches - Faith Reformed Church
The cornerstone of Faith Reformed Church, located at the corner of West Horah and South Church Streets, was laid September 2, 1897. The church name changed to First Reformed Church on May 4,1919. In 1934, the church became First Evangelical and Reformed Church of Salisbury. The congregation grew and a new building was built on W. Horah Street. The final service in the old building was held Sept. 16, 1954. On July 14, 1953, Salisbury Pythian Temple purchased the old church building and it was used as a meeting place for the Order of Knights of Pythias, an international non-sectarian fraternal order, founded in 1864 and chartered by an act of Congress. In 1992 the building housed the Salisbury Market, a deli/gift shop, and from 1994 to present day it is the La Cava Restaurant featuring fine Italian food.
Sides, Susan Salisbury and Rowan County Charleston, SC: Arcadia, c1999
Rowan Church History Collection MSS 2000-13, Box 4, First United Church of Christ
La Cava Restaurant Website: http://www.lacavarestaurant.com/home.htm