Whitehead-Stokes Sanatorium, opened in 1899 as a 40-bed facility, grew to a 60-bed hospital by 1921. Located at the northeast corner of Fulton and Liberty Streets, it served the community until Rowan Memorial Hospital was opened in July of 1936.
No series, pub. By Theo Buerbaum, Salisbury, N.C.
Auxiliary to the Rowan-Davie Counties Medical Society. Rowan and Davie Counties: Story of Medicine 1753-1976 Salisbury: Salisbury Printing Company, 1979