ROWAN COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE EXPLORER POST # 400
GOALS and OBJECTIVES
WHAT ARE THE GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF LAW ENFORCEMENT EXPLORING?
* Further the Explorers' education
* Encourage the Explorers' participation in a wide variety of service activities
* Enhance the Explorers' participation for the future roles as citizen, community member, leaders, and future law enforcement officers.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF LAW ENFORCEMENT EXPLORING?
* Build individual character
* Develop leadership skills and potential
* Gain appreciation for community service
* Develop good citizenship
WHAT ARE THE SIX EXPERIENCE AREAS IN EXPLORING?
* Developing a better understanding of America's social, economic and governmental systems.
* Gaining some insight and practical experience in careers.
* Installing stable personal value firmly based on religious concepts.
* Developing skill in dealing with people and encouraging a sense of family and community responsibility.
* Encourage the skill and desire to help others.
* Gaining a keen respect for the basic rights of others.
* Encouraging a sense of pride in our American Heritage.
* Preparing to give leadership and fulfill our responsibility to American society and to the people of the world.
* Improving mental and emotional fitness.
* Enhancing physical fitness and an appreciation for sports.
* Developing a degree of self-reliance based on courage, initiative, and resourcefulness.
* Understanding and appreciating the wise use of resources and the protection of our environment.
THE EXPLORER CODE
As an Explorer...
I believe that America's strength lies in our trust in God and in the courage, strength and traditions of our people.
I will, therefore, be faithful in my religious duties and will maintain a personal sense of honor in my own life.
I will treasure my American heritage and will do all that I can to preserve and enrich it.
I will recognize the dignity and worth of all humanity and will use fair play and goodwill in my daily life.
I will acquire the Explorer attitude that seeks truth in all things and adventure on the frontiers of our changing world.
Explorer's In Action! Training - Learning - Experiencing