to care for Rowan County Teenagers
Foster Parent Requirements For Teen Board Rate
RCDSS Will Pay $1500 Board Rate for Youth 13 and Up
In order to benefit from this enhanced rate, the resource parent will need to:
- Complete trauma training for resource parents.
- Participate in the teen’s Child and Family Team (CFT) Meetings on a regular basis.
- Agree to request a “placement change” CFT Meeting with a ten day notice of when they believe there will be a potential disruption.
- Be proactive and work through minor issues with the teen utilizing skills taught in Trauma Focus Trainings.
- Work directly with the teen’s therapist when applicable.
- Assist teens in completing their goals outlined in the Transitional Living Plan. ( for youth 16 and up).
- Discuss the teen’s progress, concerns and problems with the teen’s assigned social worker during monthly visits.
- Arrange transportation to Independent Living Program events, meeting and any extra curricular activities.
FREE INFORMATIONAL PACKET
CONTACT JON HUNTER
704-216-7914 or email
Please give your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address.
The following steps will get you started with the process:
Step 1: Watch the NC Foster Parent Orientation Video. The web address link is: http://ncswlearn.org/foster.
Step 2: Print your certificate of completion and bring it with you to the RCDSS Interest/Informational Meeting
Step 3: Attend an RCDSS Interest/Informational Meeting. (At least one prospective foster and/oradoptive parent from each family must attend this meeting.
Prospective Foster and/or Adoptive Parent Informational Meeting
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Rowan County Department of Social Services, Large Conference Room ---- 1813 E. Innes Street, Salisbury, NC 28144
2017 Mapp Classes
Tuesday's - March - May 2017 -- from 6 pm - 9 pm
WHAT IS FOSTER CARE?
Foster Care is a temporary living arrangement for abused, neglected and dependent children who need a safe place to live when their parents or another relative cannot take care of them.
It is the policy of Department of Health and Human Services to provide services, care, benefits, and assistance to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, or political belief.