Library Card Design Contest
The special edition library card contest will begin accepting entries Monday, February 25, 2019. Only one design entry will be chosen for the West Branch Library.
● Entries will be accepted from Monday, February 25, 2019, through Monday, March 25, 2019.
● Entrants of all ages can submit a design. Only one entry per person.
● Download the West Branch Library Card Design Contest template or pick up a template at any Rowan Public Library branch.
● Download the design contest release form or pick up at any Rowan Public Library branch.
● Submissions may be created on the template supplied by the library. All designs must adhere to the layout of the library card and key chain. Review the template and layout requirements, and submit your design based upon the stated specifications. Only one side of the card should contain artwork.
● Each submission must be original work of a single individual.
● Submissions may be in any art medium (illustration, pen, photography, etc). Designs should be high resolution, at least 300 dpi if submitted electronically.
● Rowan Public Library reserves the right to reproduce your work. Winner may need to submit original version of design.
● Rowan Public Library will add West Branch library’s official logo to the winning design.
● Submissions become the property of Rowan Public Library and will not be returned.
● All entries along with a signed release form must be submitted to any Rowan Public Library branch or emailed to Amber.Covington@rowancountync.gov by 5 pm on Monday, March 25, 2019. No late entries will be accepted.
All entries will be evaluated for appropriateness. Entries that include the following will be disqualified for entry:
● Derogatory language or images
● Copyrighted materials
All eligible entries will be reviewed by the Rowan Public Library West Branch Committee after March 25, 2019. The winning design entrant will be notified by Friday, April 26, 2019. Designs will be judged based on creativity, design, and originality. The first card will be issued at the West Branch grand opening.
Please print packet in black and white on plain paper.