Effective July 20, 2020, RPL has made a number of temporary modifications to services and operations based on recommendations and directives from the State of North Carolina, Rowan County Government, Rowan County Health Department, and Centers for Disease control. These modifications have resulted in a decrease in the number of staff working on-site in library buildings.
Call the Central Phone Number for assistance: 980-432-8670
- Call this number to speak with a librarian about any of your library needs. You can call your preferred branch directly, but you may experience more busy signals or transfers to voicemail than normal.
- Library Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday-Friday
- All branches have the same hours
- Library facilities are closed to the public
- New meeting room reservation applications are not being accepted through October 31, 2020. Existing meeting room reservations have been canceled through October 31, 2020
- Telephone and email assistance is available Monday Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Call 980-432-8670 or email
- Free 24/7 Wi-Fi is still accessible from library parking lots
- Materials are still available for check out, but only through Curbside Pick Up Service. This new service takes place outside library entrances with no contact permitted between staff and patrons
- Curbside Pick Up Service is by appointment only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Items must be placed on hold in advance using your online account or by calling 980-432-8670 or your branch of choice. In person requests cannot be accommodated via curbside pick up
- Patrons will receive notice when their hold request is being processed
- RPL Curbside Print by Appointment Service: Patrons email documents to and await confirmation for print compatibility, total amount of charges, and appointment days/times for curbside pick up at their branch of choice
- Digital Services are still accessible 24/7 through RPL’s website
- eBooks and eAudio materials are still accessible 24/7
- Materials can be returned to any library location using designated book drops
Library Account Information:
- August 31, 2020 is the new due date for physical materials on loan/checked out after January 1, 2020
- Overdue fines are temporarily suspended
- Patrons may check out up to 50 physical items on their accounts and up to 30 of these can be DVDs. This service modification is through August 31, 2020.
- Delayed check in of returned materials: Due to the decrease in on site staff and precautions taken to prevent the spread of coronavirus, there is a delay in the check in of returned items
- If you have returned items still showing on your account four (4) days after returning them, notify us at 980-432-8670. Are previously returned materials or fines on your account preventing you from checking out additional items? Call us at 980-432-8670 for assistance.
2020 Summer Reading
Virtual Summer Reading runs throughout the month of July.
- Virtual programs include storytimes, crafts, and activities for the whole family
- Book bundles are available for check out via Curbside Pick Up for families, teens, and adults. Call your nearest branch for more information
- Reading efforts will be logged here
- For more information or to be added to the email list, call 980-432-8670.
Effective July 2, all materials checked out since January 1, 2020, are due August 31, 2020.
Effective June 9, all materials checked out since March 12, 2020, are due August 31, 2020.
Effective April 30, RPL Director Oleen released a statement regarding library services.
Effective April 13, Curbside Pick Up is by appointment only. Call your nearest branch to make an appointment.
Effective March 31, Library operations were limited to curbside only. Library facilities, including computer labs, are closed to the public.
Effective Saturday, March 28th, Rowan Public Library will follow new operating hours. All three branches, Headquarters in Salisbury, East Branch in Rockwell, and South Branch in China Grove, will have the same hours. The new hours are Monday – Friday 9 am to 6 pm, closed Saturday and Sunday. For more information about library hours and services, email or visit here.