Rowan County Animal Services administers the activities of Rowan County Animal Enforcement, Rowan County Animal Shelter, and Rowan Wild at Dan Nicholas Park.
Animal Enforcement staff is active in rabies control, investigating animal cruelty complaints, enforcing animal laws and ordinances, and helping solve issues involving domestic animals.
Professional knowledge, education and training; updated equipment, official uniforms, improved vehicles and a new facility have all contributed to a more proficient Animal Control system to help serve Rowan county citizens.
The Animal Services department also oversees the Nature Center (featuring the Cheerwine Aquarium), the Stanback Barnyard, and Wildlife Adventures at Dan Nicholas Park. These attractions maintain a collection of live North Carolina native animals including non-venomous and venomous snakes, raptors, birds, and mammals.
- What are your hours?
- How do I adopt an animal from the shelter?
- What does "last day" mean in the description of animals for adoption?
- How do I check a pet's availability?
- What do I do if I have an after-hours emergency?
- How do I report a missing pet?
- What must I do if I have found a lost pet?
- What should I do if I have found an injured or potentially orphaned wild animal?
- What should I do if my neighbor's animals are on my property?
- I have a wild animal/reptile in my crawl space. Do you handle wildlife removal?