Campaign Finance

Opening a Campaign Finance Committee

If you have decided to file and run for office, you will also need to open a Campaign Finance Committee. Filing is done at a specified time each year. However, your committee needs to be open within 10 days of announcing your decision to run.  

Download 2018 Candidate's Guide (PDF)

The following forms need to be completed to open your Campaign Finance Committee:

  • Statement of Organization (CRO-2100 A)
  • Certification of Treasurer (CRO - 3100)
  • Certification of Financial Accounts (CRO - 3500)
  • Designation of Committee Funds (CRO - 3900)
  • Schedule for Mandatory Treasurer Training

These forms are provided by the NC State Board of Elections in PDF and Fillable Word Document formats.

Filing of Campaign Reports

All campaign reports are filed according to a specific schedule set forth by the North Carolina General Statutes concerning these financial disclosures. The type of reports and the Elections office where reports are filed depends upon the office sought or type of political action committee (PAC) involved. All municipal and county offices file their reports at the Rowan County Board of Elections. All offices at the state, judicial or federal levels file their reports with State Board of Elections in Raleigh.

Forms & Documents