The Veterans Services Department provides direct services to military veterans and their families. Specific services offered include assistance with the following:
- Filing compensation and pension applications
- Applications for medical care at the Veterans Affairs Hospital
- Education benefits for children of veterans
- Veterans affairs Loan Eligibility Certificates
- Obtaining burial benefits for veterans
- Information on veterans group life insurance
Miscellaneous tasks handled by staff include obtaining lost military discharges, replacing service medals and applying for lifetime hunting and fishing licenses. With over 14,000 veterans in Rowan County, the Veterans Services Department fielded over 10,000 requests for service with an estimated 5,000 individuals or families served.
With Federal dollars spent last year on compensation and pension claims to veterans and their families in Rowan County, the positive economic impact to our community is great. Rowan County Veterans Services is committed to providing assistance to our Veterans.
Our Veterans deserve no less.
For more information concerning Veterans, please visit U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs website or you may call the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs Hotline at 800-827-1000