All of the sites and cabins at Dan Nicholas Park are in the woods. We do not have sewer hookups on sites. Pets are allowed on sites only, not in cabin areas. We have a two night minimum for reservations on the weekends. Payment in full must be made to hold reservations. We do not do refunds, but we will issue rain checks if notified 4 days prior to first reservation date. These will be good for one year. We do not offer online reservations.
Campers do not pay the park fishing fee, but they do need a state fishing license, and an armband from the camp store.
Check Out Time
Check out time is 3 p.m. for sites and 2 p.m. for cabins. You may check in early if these are unoccupied. Call the morning you are coming to check. We do close the gate at different times during the year. Please call for closing time. Campers can get combination to lock. All visitors must check in at the store and leave before the gate locks.
We plan two chili cook offs and an ice cream making contest each year. July 4th we have a bike parade and decorating contest. Halloween is the big event of the year with a costume and site-decorating contest.
To make a reservation call 704-216-7808.
We have 6 beautiful cabins located between the two bathhouses. Features include:
- Heat and air, beds, small microwaves, and a refrigerator.
- You must be in by closing time to give a deposit and get your keys.
- 5 people maximum
- Each cabin has two grills and a table with water outside only.
Adults 21 years old or older must register and occupy site (will need to show identification).
Our 70-site campground includes 12 sites on our 10-acre fishing lake. Other features include:
- 67 sites with 30, 50, and 110 power and water
- 12 sites are pull through
- Tents are welcome on any sites, but not in cabin areas.
- We allow one travel trailer, one Recreational Vehicle (RV), or two tents per site.
- 6 people maximum
- Each site has a table and a grill
- Sites are $27 with power and water.
- Sites are $22 without power and water.
- Our dump station is available for non-campers for an $8 fee.