Visitation Days & Times
The Rowan County Detention Center allows inmates to have non-contact visits once a week based upon the inmate’s last name.
Visitation days and times are the same for inmates housed at the Annex facility at 400 Grace Church Road.
|Inmate’s Last Name||Day||Time|
|A through F||Saturday||1 p.m. to 4 p.m.|
|G through K
||Sunday||1 p.m. to 4 p.m.|
| L through R
||Tuesday||7 p.m. to 10 p.m.|
|S through Z||Wednesday||7 p.m. to 10 p.m.|
Inmates are required to fill out a list of 6 prospective visitors for approval by staff. Visitors may be denied for any of the following reasons.
- Visitor has been disruptive during previous visits
- Visitor has damaged property of the Detention Center during a prior visit
- Visitor has previously attempted to visit while under the influence or has attempted to bring alcohol or drugs to the facility
- Visitor has previously had his or her visitation privileges terminated by the Administrator or his designee
- Visitor has refused to submit to a routine search or show proper identification during a prior visit
- Visitor was a participant in the criminal activity for which the inmate is incarcerated
- Visitor has brought in prohibited items
- All visitors are subject to a search of their person and property
- Anyone attempting to pass any contraband into the facility will be arrested and charged
- Children under 16 years of age must be immediate family and must be accompanied by an adult. Immediate family will be defined as follows: biological or step children and biological or step siblings
- Inmates are allowed up to 4 visitors, including children, during their designated visitation time and all must visit at the same time
- Visitors 16 and older are required to present picture ID
- Visits are limited to 20 minutes
- Baby Strollers
- Books, Magazines, Book Bags
- Cell Phones or other electronic devices
- Cigarettes, Cigars, Lighters, Cigarette Cases
- Weapons and/or ammunition
- Any shirt or other articles of clothing with any image or language that may be considered profane or may incite inmate disorder is prohibited.
- Females may wear dresses or skirts providing there are no slits. Dresses or skirts may not be more than three inches above the knee. Females must wear brassieres.
- Halter tops, bare midriffs, strapless tops, tube tops, body suits, underwear-type tee-shirts, tank tops, sleeveless shirts, fish net shirts, or any type of garment made with transparent or translucent materials are prohibited.
- Headwear is prohibited.
- Shirts and shoes are mandatory.
- Slacks and pants are to be worn at or above the waist.
- Spandex clothing is prohibited.
- Visitors are expected to conduct themselves appropriately and dress appropriately:
- Visitors may wear Bermuda-length shorts provided they are not more than three inches above the knee.