For Immediate Release
Rowan County COVID-19 Small Business Grant Program Opens March 1
Rowan County will provide up to $250,000 in grants to small businesses “Restaurants only” to reimburse the cost of business interruption caused by required closures due to COVID-19. To be eligible to receive grants in the amount of $5,000, a business must:
- Have at least 26 employees
- Be a for-profit business with a brick and mortar address located in Rowan County
- Be independent and locally-owned if a franchise
- Have been in business on or before December 31, 2019
- Be currently open to the public and operating an in-person onsite dining facility
- Not have previously received $5,000 during the Rowan County COVID-19 Small Business Grant Program
Applications will be accepted online and in person at 130 West Innes Street, Salisbury, NC 28144 on the second floor starting March 1 at 12 noon through April 15, 2021, at 5 p.m. Each application will be electronically or manually time stamped. If an applicant is selected, they will receive notification by email or phone and will have approximately 30 days to provide additional required documentation outlined on the program page.
View full program requirements and apply online at www.rowancountync.gov/smallbusinessgrant.
County Manager’s Office