For Immediate Release
Phone: 980-432-1800Website: www.rowancountync.gov/covid-19Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rowan County Case Information: https://bit.ly/rowan-covid19-hub
NCDHHS recognizes the powerful role faith leaders play in our communities and congregations. As the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Dr. Mandy Cohen has outlined in this letter how you as a faith leader can help, especially during this season of gathering and celebration.
Below is a list of actions to consider that will hopefully protect your congregation members and our community, while slowing down the spread of COVID-19.
1. Follow NCDHHS guidance for places of worship to protect your community.
2. Keep your congregation and faith community informed about prevention, testing, contact tracing, and community supports.
3. Urge community members to “Get Behind the Mask.”
4. Encourage your congregation to download and use the mobile app SlowCOVIDNC.
5. Urge your congregation to get tested for COVID-19 if they have symptoms or think they’ve been exposed.
6. Help connect people to resources and supports.
7. Distribute masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE).
8. Amplify messages on social media.
We all can play a role in decreasing the spread and helping ourselves, our families, and our neighbors. Do your part by continuing to practice the 3W's - Wait six feet apart, Wash your hands regularly, and Wear a mask.
Download Media Release COVID-19 - December 12, 2020 (PDF)