How do I add a storage building to property?
  1. Contact Planning staff by calling 704-216-8588 to determine if the structure is permissible on the property in question. 
  2. If the structure is permissible, go to the Rowan County Planning and Development department and apply for a zoning permit. 
  3. Take the zoning permit to the Rowan County Building Inspections department and apply for any other required permits. For more information, download Accessory Structures (PDF).

Show All Answers

1. How do I order or report a missing road sign?
2. How do I Rezone property?
3. How do I file a housing complaint?
4. How do I obtain an address?
5. How do I open a new home business or home occupation?
6. How do I subdivide property?
7. How do I add a storage building to property?
8. How do I build within or adjacent to a floodplain?
9. How do I obtain a zoning permit?
10. How do I apply for a special use permit?
11. What is a commercial plan review?
12. How do I submit payment to planning and development using the website?