How do I obtain a copy of my marriage license?

If you were married in Rowan County, you may stop by our office and purchase a certified copy for $10 (Cash or money order only). To request a copy by mail, give the names of the groom and bride at time of marriage, the date of marriage, and include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Requests are mailed the same day received.

When are taxes due?

Taxes are due September 1. You have until January 5 to pay without penalty.

How may I get a copy of the map of my property?

If your property is located in a subdivision or if your survey has been recorded, you may obtain a copy for $2 from the Register of Deeds office. Otherwise, you may obtain a copy of the tax map for your area from the Tax Assessor’s office for $3.

How do I register to vote?

You may obtain registration forms at the following locations in Rowan County: 

  • Board of Elections Office, West End Plaza, 1935 Jake Alexander Boulevard W, Suite D10
    Hours: Monday to Friday; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. 
  • Any of Rowan County's public libraries during regular hours. 
  • Public locations designated by special registration drives. 
  • Department of Motor Vehicles
  • Other various state or local government agencies including: 
    • Social Services
    • Agencies dealing with people with disabilities
    • Employment Security Commission 
    • Armed Forces Recruitment offices