Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
April 18, 2018, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
In February 2018, the Rowan County Board of Commissioners determined it necessary to form a Broadband Task Force that would include key stakeholders to promote community involvement. Goals of the task force will include:
- Promote broadband services countywide
- Address the needs of unserved and underserved residents
- Foster public-private innovation
- Enhance existing capabilities
- Support good governance
The task force is comprised of seven members representing Technical, Political, Management, and Citizenship.
- County Commissioner Leadership
- County IT Technical Advisory
- County Public Safety Official
- Rowan-Salisbury School System - IT Technical Advisory
- Rural Leadership (Coop-Ext, 4H, Rural Fire)
- Citizen Involvement from unserved areas
Members of the public are invited to attend the task force's first meeting. The task force welcomes input on rural broadband needs for the citizens of Rowan County.