Family Health Services
The Family Health Services Clinic provides medical care for all age groups. Services include screenings, wellness and sick visits. Services are intended to promote healthy lifestyles and assist those with current health care issues to improve and maintain their optimal level of health.
Provides annual physical examinations, periodic monitoring of chronic health problems (high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.), pregnancy testing, and sick care.
Provides comprehensive well child (age 0 to 21 years) examinations including developmental, vision and hearing screening; kindergarten, new student, and routine school physicals; and sick care.
- Reach Out and Read – (In partnership with Smart Start Rowan) provide appropriate books for parents and families to read to and with their child age birth to five years.
Provides information to help individuals of childbearing age plan their families through provision of annual screenings, available contraceptive methods, counseling, and education.
Receives and reports required communicable disease conditions from health care providers and the public such as “whooping cough” (pertussis), certain food borne illnesses, rabies exposure, tick borne illnesses.
- Works with the NC Department of Health and Health and Human Services in investigation, surveillance and reporting of disease outbreaks.
- Serves as a resource for the public and other health care providers who have questions about communicable diseases.
Sexually Transmitted Infection and Disease
Provides screening for sexually transmitted diseases including chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV, and syphilis. Treatment, counseling and education are provided. Referrals made as needed.
- Partners of individuals with infections may also be screened and treated.
Receives referrals from hospitals and community providers for individuals infected with Tuberculosis. Treatment, follow-up testing and monitoring are provided for infected individuals and their close contacts.
- Tuberculosis skin testing is available for a fee for those needing proof of TB status for work or school.
Child Health Pre-visit Questionnaire