Veteran Resources

In North Carolina, there are several organizations and resources dedicated to supporting veterans with substance use and mental health challenges. 

  • North Carolina Division of Veterans Affairs (NCDVA):
  • VA Health Care System - Salisbury VA Health Care System:
    • Website: VA Salisbury Health Care
      • The Salisbury VA offers a range of services including mental health and substance use treatment for veterans.
  • NC STRIVE (Supporting Transition and Reintegration through Intensive Veteran Engagement):
    • Website: NC STRIVE
      • NC STRIVE is a program aimed at providing support to veterans dealing with mental health and substance use challenges.
  • North Carolina National Guard Behavioral Health Services:
  • Wounded Warrior Project - Raleigh Office:
    • Website: Wounded Warrior Project
      • The Wounded Warrior Project provides various programs and services, including mental health and substance use resources, to veterans.
  • Vet Center - Raleigh:
    • Website: Vet Center
      • Vet Centers offer a wide range of counseling, outreach, and referral services to eligible veterans to help them make a successful post-war readjustment to civilian life.
  • North Carolina Military OneSource:
    • Website: North Carolina Military OneSource
      • This program provides resources for active duty, National Guard, and reserve service members, as well as their families, including mental health and substance use support.
  • Carolina Outreach:
    • Website: Carolina Outreach
      • Carolina Outreach offers behavioral health services including mental health and substance use treatment.


If you or someone you know is a veteran in need of immediate support for substance use or mental health concerns, there are several hotlines available. Here are some important ones:

These hotlines are staffed by trained professionals who are experienced in providing support to veterans and their families. Remember, if you or someone you know is in immediate danger or experiencing a crisis, please call 911 or your local emergency services.