Remove all debris, sod, stumps, roots and other organic materials and provide a smooth level surface free of pockets. Footings shall be a minimum of 12 inches deep and shall provide a minimum of 2,000 per square foot load bearing capacity. Excavate for all foundation walls, piers, columns, post, chimney, hearth, etc. Install bulkheads where footings are stepped. Install reinforcement steel when required. Remove all water, mud and loose soil. Install grade pegs or other approved means of displaying concrete depth. Call for inspection before concrete is placed.
Install and support builders service pole and install an 8-foot ground rod. Call for inspection. Port-a-Jon must be on site or toilet facilities available before power will be turned on.
Install all foundation walls, piers, columns, post chimneys, hearth support, etc. to foundation level. Install proper number of foundation vents. Install foundation anchorage per R403.1.6. Install proper drains where inside ground level is below the outside finish grade. Smooth interior ground, call for inspection.
Wall and piers shall bear in the middle third of the footings. Call for inspection with the foundation inspection.
Open Floor Inspection (Courtesy Inspection)
All girders and floor joists must be installed prior to installing sub-floor or sheathing, call for inspection.
Damp Proofing Waterproofing Inspection
This may be performed at the Foundation Inspection. Basement walls, foundation walls and drains around basement walls require inspection after walls have been waterproofed and tiles or perforated pipe, washed stone and approved filter membrane material are in place, and before back fill, call for inspection.
Under Slab Inspection
Install all materials and equipment to be concealed by the concrete slab, call for inspection.
Slab on grade floors requires inspection after stone, polyethylene, insulation board and wire are placed, termite treatment performed and before concrete is poured, call for inspection.
This may be performed with all Rough-in Inspections. Have all sheathing, lintels, house-wrap, exterior windows, exterior doors (excluding roll up garage door(s) and all required flashing installed. Have window installation documentation on site. Call for inspection prior to installing any exterior finish materials.
- Building - Framing inspections shall be made after roof, wall, ceiling and floor framing is complete with appropriate blocking, bracing and fire stopping is in place. Do not install siding or brick veneer unless Sheathing/Flashing Inspection has been performed and passed. Have manufacturer’s engineered paperwork on site for all engineered products, (trusses, I-joist, laminated veneer lumber, etc.) including layouts, on site. Repair any damage to framing members The following items must be in place and be visible for inspection.
- Electrical - Install rough wiring (make up all splices in lighting outlet boxes, switch boxes, receptacle boxes, etc.). Install all nail guards and fire stop all holes in top and bottom plates.
- Mechanical: Install rough heating, which includes all supply openings, all return air openings, thermostat wires, etc. Install vent pipe for exhaust fans and hoods. Install, vent (if required) and have manufacturers installation instructions at site for prefabricated fireplace(s) if any are to be installed.
- Plumbing: Install rough plumbing, including all hot and cold water pipes, and all drain, waste, and vent (DWV) lines. Have the required water distribution and DWV system tests as specified in the North Carolina State Plumbing Code, Section 312.
Install required insulation in a proper manner. Attic depth markers and all baffles must be installed at this time, call for inspection.
Shower Liner Inspection
Except where prefabricated showers are installed, the required shower liner shall be tested and inspected prior to the installation of floor and wall surfaces.
Complete all work. Grading must be completed to provide 6 feet of slope within the first 10 feet of home. Ceiling and floor insulation will be inspected at this time. Call for inspection.
Water Service Pipe Inspection
Install water service pipe from the well or from utility service water meter to the building. Do not cover pipe until inspection has been made and approved, call for inspection.
Sewer Tap Inspection
Install building sewer line from the end of the building drain to the public sewer connection or septic tank. Do not cover pipe until inspection has been made and approved. Call for inspection.
Chimneys built on outside walls require inspection before any inside wall finish is applied and before the profile or face brick are placed:
- Chimneys and vents.
- Flashing for roofs, chimneys, decks, brick veneer, and wall openings.
- All lintels required to be bolted to the framing for support shall not be covered by any exterior or interior wall or ceiling finish material before approval.