Community Programs & Outreach
- Child Identification Kits - Your group or organization can request child identification kits from the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office. These kits, which are kept by the parent, contain the child’s photo, fingerprints, and other important information. Kits are free of charge to any organization wishing to receive them.
- Citizens Training Academy - The Citizen Training Academy (CTA) is a community oriented Law Enforcement program designed to give interested citizens of Rowan County an inside look at their Sheriff’s Office. The purpose of the CTA is to deliver high quality interactive training that helps promote education for the citizens and for the Sheriff and staff. Learn more.
- Community Watch - Officers meet with members of the community and help citizens start a Community Watch Program in their neighborhoods. Approximately 1 hour.
- Driver Education / Safety Program - An A.C.E. Team Officer teaches students involved in the driver’s education program the dangers of impaired driving and excessive speed. This course is given in conjunction with the Rowan-Salisbury County School System’s driver’s education.
- DWI Checkpoints - The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office is periodically involved in DWI checkpoints in an attempt to keep our streets and highways safe.
- Gang Awareness - Basic information on gangs, recognizing gang graffiti, and warning signs to watch for concerning your child. Approximately 1.5 hours.
- G.R.E.A.T. Summer Camp - Camp offered to rising 5th through 8th graders which includes fun trips and enrichment activities such as Gang Resistance Education And Training (G.R.E.A.T.) instruction. Learn more.
- Junior Sheriff’s Academy - Camp offered to rising 8th through 10th graders to give students a first hand look at law enforcement. Students will attend regular classes with topics to include, but not limited to, North Carolina law, patrol procedures, traffic enforcement, and many other areas of law enforcement. Students will have the opportunity to practice what they learn in practical exercises. Learn more.
- Lake Patrol - Officers are assigned to patrol the High Rock Lake area during peak months for watercraft violations. Officers assist stranded boaters and look for dangerous boating violations.
- Senior Safety - Senior citizens are given pointers on how to make their homes safer, how to avoid scams, and general safety in the public. Approximately 30-45 minutes.