The individual needing services or someone acting on the individual's behalf can call the Adult Services line at 704-216-8331 to request assistance. Requests for assistance can also be made in person.
Special Assistance In-Home
Adults who are at risk of placement in an Adult Care Home may qualify for assistance to remain at home instead. The Special Assistance Program (SA/IH) can be qualified individuals who are assessed as having as safe home environment and demonstrated need for additional financial supports and services, to continue living independently. SA/IH can assist with essential expenses such as food, shelter, clothing, and other daily necessitates associated with a private living arraignment. A case manager works with participants to determine the need and purpose for SA/IN assistance. the case manager also monitors to assure the funds are used for the intended purposes and the participant remains safely at home.
Special Assistance In-Home Eligibility Criteria
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must require the same level of care as provided by an adult care facility (confirmed by a physician) but express a desire to live at home or in another private living setting
- Must have income below the federal poverty level and be eligible for Medicaid
- if not already receiving Medicaid, must fill out an application and be determined eligible for both Medicaid and Special Assistance In-Home payment
- Must demonstrate need for financial support to remain safely at home
- With services, can have health, safety and well-being maintained at home.
There are a limited number of Special Assistance In-Home slots available in Rowan County and applicants may be placed on a Wait List. Once a slot becomes available, applicants will be advised to fill out an SA/IH Medicaid Application and will then be referred to an SA/IH Case manager for assessment in the home. Individuals may contact the Adult Services line at 704-216-8331 for questions regarding the SA/IH Program.