One Church One Child
Rowan One Church One Child (ROCOC) is a partnership between Rowan County Department of Social Services (RCDSS) and Rowan County churches whose purpose is to ensure healthy, safe and protective outcomes for Rowan County children and teenagers who are victimized and traumatized by sexual, physical, and emotional abuse, neglect, or dependency who are currently receiving Child Protective, In-Home Case Management, Foster Care or Adoption services from the RCDSS Children Services Division. ROCOC’s goal is to keep birth families intact or assist relative caregivers who provide care to children.
Learn more about Program Focus, Commitment of Member Church Pastors, and the role of Church Coordinators on our About Us page.
How Can I Make a Difference?
- Become a foster parent (or help us recruit a family or two). Click HERE for more information on becoming a foster parent.
- Help your church join this ministry.
- Volunteer. You can help out at the ROCOC Main Street UMC Assistance Center.
- Make a financial gift to the ROCOC Ministry. Make checks payable to RCDSS and mail to RCDSS, ATTN: Jon Hunter, 1813 East Innes Street, Salisbury NC 28146. Write “ROCOC” in the memo line. You can specify the gift as in honor or memory of someone. All financial contributions are used to purchase life essential items for children and youth receiving child welfare services.
- Make an In Kind donation. We can use NEW diapers, baby wipes, socks and underwear (child and adult sizes), bed pillows, cleaning supplies, personal hygiene items, and school supplies. We can use GENTLY USED & NEW clothing (child and adult sizes), bed frames, chest of drawers, bed linens, bath linens, small appliances, household items (dishes, flatware, cookware), books for all ages, toys for all ages, and baby items. All donations are distributed by ROCOC staff and volunteers only to those referred by a child welfare social worker.
How To Make A Difference - Donate
All donations are distributed to our guests (children, teenagers, birth parents or care givers) who are referred to the ROCOC Main Street United Methodist Church Assistance Center by a RCDSS children’s services social worker. Bring your donations to:
Main Street United Methodist Church
1312 N. Main Street
Salisbury, NC 28144
Mondays or Thursdays (or use the outside donation receptacle)
New or gently used:
- Wash Cloths
- Sheets – all sizes
- Boys underwear – sizes 5 and 6
- Girls underwear – sizes 2 and 6
- Body wash for men and women
- Body Lotion
- Deodorant for men and women
- Tooth Paste
- Baby Wipes
October 2018 ROCOC Assistance Center Hours
Open 9 AM - 11 AM and 1:30 PM – 4 PM
- Thursday, October 4
- Monday, October 8
- Thursday, October 11
- Monday, October 22
- Thursday, October 25
- Monday, October 29
- Monday, October 15
- Thursday, October 18