Rescue Group Adoption Program
In 2012 the Rowan County Board of Health along with the Rowan County Adoption Subcommittee (RCAS) approved reduced price adoption fees to rescue groups who meet specific standards and the minimum requirements listed below. Reduced fees are $35 for animals that have been altered by the Shelter Veterinarian and $15 for all others.
Beginning Monday, March 11, 2013, RCAS began accepting applications from rescue groups who provide a copy of the following:
- Copy of their 501(c)3
- Minimum of 1 reference showing their work with a veterinarian
- Minimum of 2 references that shows their work with other Animal Shelters
- Provide a copy of the groups bylaws, policies and procedures, as well as a copy of their standard policy in vaccination and spay/neuter procedures
- Provide a list of approved individuals for pulling animals from the Shelter. (Once the individual arrives at the Shelter, they must provide the staff with a valid photo ID, which must match the name on the list.)
- Provide the name, phone number and contact information of the Animal Control Department in the county where they are from so RCAS can verify if this rescue is in good standing with Animal Control
- Sign RCAS’s Rescue Groups Animal Claim Form (PDF)
Please allow 1-2 weeks after submittal of application for notification of approval. No rescue group will be allowed a reduced price adoption fee until such time as their application is fully processed.
Failure to adhere to any of the requirements mentioned above will result in the immediate removal of the rescue group from Rowan County Animal Services’ list of groups allowed to claim animals not otherwise selected for adoption.
Please submit all applications via email to Tara Donberg or applications may be mailed to:
Rowan County Animal Shelter
1465 Julian Road
Salisbury, NC 28146